Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Peach Sauce

After I made plum sauce, I thought making peach sauce would be about the same. But I googled the recipes and did not find a single one of them. 

Looks like I was looking in the wrong places. Peach sauce is usually called “Peach Habanero sauce” in youtube, I don’t know why, And apparently mango habanero sauce is even more popular. Most of the posts I found were from Caribbean or South American cooking. Anyhow, to get to the recipe, I tried it out and it was so great that I want to drown in it. Here it goes:

Ingredients:
Ripe peaches
Garlic
Chilli
Salt
Sugar
Splash of vinegar

Method:
Peel and cut up the peaches    
Peel and cut some garlic
Cut up some chilli
Grind peach, Chilli, and garlic along with salt and a splash of vinegar
Heat up a saucepan and pour in the puree
Simmer until it thickens
Taste nd add sugar if necessary. (Unlike plums, peaches do not become so sour as they cook, so they need a very little amount of sugar. Add to taste.)
Serve hot or cold, or refrigerate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...