Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Plum Sauce




I had the opportunity to utilize quite a bit of plum this year, and I want to put down the new recipes before I forget them, so that I can access them when I want next year. 

So plum sauce is a traditional Chinese recipe, I found out, and is more often used to make ducks with. I used it to make chips chilli and it turned out great. It is also great to use as a dip for chips and grilled vegetables. It has a slightly bitter undertone which comes from the plum peel, but I love it coz it’s all healthy and home made. 

Ingredients:
Plums
Sugar
Salt
Ginger
Garlic
Chilli
Garam masala (powder of cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, bay leaves, any or all that you have)

Method:
Cut the plums in halves
Cut up some garlic and ginger
Puree the plum pieces, garlic, ginger, and chilli
Heat up a saucepan and pour the puree
Add a little bit of salt and some sugar. Plum tends to become more sour as it cooks, so you will need quite a bit of sugar. But do not add everything at once, wait until the sauce thickens, and taste and add the final installment just before you are are done. 
Once the sauce looks sufficiently thick to be saucy, take it off the flame. 
When it cools down, refrigerate. This is important, or it can spoil soon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...