Saturday, June 27, 2020

1/4 cake



So now that I have taken to baking in very small dishes, I always find it a hassle that I have to convert the ingredients to fit my extremely small baking dish. So I have decided to convert the basic cake into small proportions, which I can then use to make any varieties I want. 
Here goes. 
For a normal cake, which can happily be modified by adding peaches and plums on top and sprinkling powdered sugar.

Wet ingredients:
Butter/oil: 1/8 cup
Sugar: 1/4 cup (I would ideally go for slightly less than 1/4 cup. Something between 1/8 cup and 1/4 cup)
Eggs: 1
Flour: 1/4 cup
Vanilla essence: few drops or 1/4 lid

Dry ingredients
Flour: 1/4 cup
Salt: a pinch
Baking powder: 1/4 tsp

Cream the wet ingredients thoroughly. Then sift the dry ingredients thoroughly. Combine then all. Bake at 175 degrees for about 25 minutes. 

This will give you a cake that roughly looks like this. (Though this is an oat cake)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...