Thursday, April 19, 2012

Deviled Eggs for Beginners

I loved deviled eggs the first time I had them, and have loved them ever since. When I started looking for recipes online, they were so easy that I was ecstatic (I expected the recipe to be fancy since the eggs look fancy). My first try was a little saltier than I would have liked, though it was still good. I am sure that with time and more experimentation, I will get better results. So here goes: 

1. Hard boil a few eggs and cut them  in half.


2. Take the yolks out and put them in a separate bowl


3. Add a little bit of mayonnaise, a dash of vinegar, and a very (very) small pinch of salt. Many recipes called for mustard at this stage, but I hate mustard anyways. The mixture should be slightly gooey, like in the picture.


4. Put the mixture back into the eggs (I know there are all these pretty pictures online with fancy patterns on the filling, but I am yet to figure out how to do that)


5. Garnish with pepper. Look how pretty they are, I finished three of them before I even thought to take the picture :)


Corrections and additions will be made as when they occur in real life. Until then, enjoy deviled eggs for beginners. 

Ingredients
Boiled eggs
Mayonnaise
Vinegar
Salt
Powdered red pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...